Sunday, March 1, 2015

I will do what you want me to do oh Lord

At the beginning of the year, I was contemplating the goals I made the previous year.  It was another one of those years that I failed to achieve the goals I had written at the beginning of the year.  As I thought about why I had failed this year, I realized that I hadn't consulted the Lord before making them.  I had no idea what my year would be like and as the year progressed I never once thought or looked at them again after February.  Well maybe a fleeting thought about the one where I would do an unassisted pull up.  That's it though.

So this year, I thought I would try a different tactic.  The first Sunday in January I fasted and asked the Lord what He wanted me to do this year.  That night our family sat down and made some goals for the year.  Then we posted them on the fridge.  I am not going to lie, it is just barely March and I am already struggling with some of them.  It wasn't the goals that I wrote down that were an answer to that prayer, of that I am certain.  After we put the kids to bed that night, I was reading stuff on the Internet and wondering how people contributed to some of these sites.  I did some digging and found myself signing into a site dedicated to people who want to write.

The only problem was that you had to join different focus groups in the site to write or suggest an article to one of the groups.  For the next few days I could not get the thought out of my head that I needed to write an article on one of my former ward's seminary group.  They had started an Armor of God challenge that was truly inspiring.  By the end of January, the article was written and published.  I can honestly say that the Lord wanted me to do that and led me every step of the way.  Here it is:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=210&sid=33071082

Since then I have written two different book reviews, one was published so far:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865623063/Book-review-The-Healer-merges-Welsh-legends-spiritual-gifts-in-speculative-novel.html?pg=all#8lF1Om5U28iHlbZJ.01

Yet I still feel the pull to continue writing and as I feel inspired to write about different subjects, I will.  I am not sure what path the Lord is leading me on, but I will follow.  I will do what He wants me to do because I know He has a master plan that I don't understand.  I just have one step, that is all.

Now I am not going to pretend that writing is easy for me, honestly I have pulled my hair out and felt a knot in my chest from the anxiety of it.  Also, life is not easy and I don't have a ton of time for this.  In fact my house is often messy and my stress level has sky rocketed the last few months.  The writing has just added to many other stresses and commitments that I already have.  Which leads me to believe that whenever you truly try to turn your life over to the Lord, Satan works so very hard on you.  Satan has been working hard.  No fear, I am fighting back and as long as I keep the Lord on my side we will win.

So no matter what battles you are facing keep the Lord on your side and follow His plan for your life.  Trust me, He has much better intel on the big picture.  You just have a little small pixel of information.


1 comment:

  1. I love the stories you share Jen :). Last year was the first time I set a resolution that I really felt inspired to do. I actually accomplished it, first time I ever kept a New Years Resolution :). Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete