Monday, April 6, 2015

The answer I didn't want

When we got our tax return back this year I was eagerly thinking about what we would do with the money.  We have not had a family vacation in years.  As we talked about it, I got it in my head that we needed to go to Disneyworld.  I wanted to take my little Reese (5) for her birthday and because she had never been.  I researched it and went to a local travel agency to reserve a trip for the end of March (spring break).  However, like all major financial decisions I prayed about it with my husband.  He did not seem as enthusiatic about the idea at all.

As I prayed about the decision I felt a lot of confusion and frustration over the issue.  In fact, I wondered if my prayers were even heard and if I was getting an answer.  Yet, overwhelming I felt this need to let my husband decide what we should do.  Now I am a military spouse that is very used to my husband being very busy or gone.  I make a lot of decisions on my own.  Part of me wondered if that was my answer and the other part wondered if I could let him make the decision.

When I finally told my husband that I really felt like he needed to make the decision, his response was an immediate we are not going.  I was devastated and so disappointed.  In my head I thought of all the reasons we had to go now....I want to get pregnant this year and I don't want to go to Disneyworld pregnant.  While I wait to finally become pregnant, it would be awesome to have something to look forward to.We might be moving crosscountry in the next year and that will make it very difficult to get to Disneyworld in the future.  My Reese has never been and she loves princesses and all things Disney.

As the weeks have gone by, I have come to realize how right my husband was and that I did get an answer to my prayer.  It just was the answer that I didn't want and he was amazing enough to say the hard truth.

We have a house for sale in Georgia and it was supposed to close at the end of February.  It didn't and in fact the first contract fell through.  We have another contract, but it still hasn't sold.  The amount of money we have had to spend on a rent and a mortgage, repairs on the house, and the stress of not having it sold are all reason enough to not go.   The last few months would have been impossible and so much more stressful had we gone when I wanted to go.

Thank you Heavenly Father and thank you John for giving me the answer I didn't want, but the one that was right.  Disneyworld can wait and hopefully we will get a chance to go before we move.

No comments:

Post a Comment